Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, February 29, 2008

A note about fitness

I'd always imagined I'd "get into" the best shape of my life and _then_ get pregnant. But you know, baby had other plans ;-) Due to my knee operation and recovery, I started seeing a personal trainer Maria at Axis, Mountain View. In less than 15 sessions, my knee was feeling a lot better. We'd also found out I was pregnant, so Maria shifted gears more into focusing on keeping my joints flexible and my balance where it belongs. I used to see her twice a week, but now started seeing her just once a week in the hope that I can get myself to do other activities during the week.

They recommend that during pregnancy women should exercise at least 3 times a week. In addition, Maria also wants me to go for a walk every night. Well, slow and steady as I am, I'm far from "walking every night". The once a week visit to Maria is the only thing I can manage in some weeks.

But I think I did find another activity for 2 more times a week: aqua exercise. I just went to my 24hr club today for the first time for the aqua exercise class. Suffice to say, right now, I'm feeling on top of the world :-) It feels wonderful to have worked out for an hr in the water. I got there a bit early, so was able to swim 4 laps. The class started and they made us do a proper warm up for 10-15 mins. Then the exercises started. They were pretty intense :-) and I had loads of fun doing them. Most of the other classmates were old women but at least 3 of us were around the same age. At the end, there was a 5-10 mins cool down and stretch session too!

I really enjoyed it and hope baby enjoyed it too. I'm sure I'll feel the effects of the workout in a day or two. In case they aren't too bad, I think I'm planning to go both days of the week - Wednesday and Friday at 8:30am!

No comments:

Post a Comment