Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 22, 2009

Nails Be Gone

When we first brought Rian home, I was terrified of one task that I was entrusted with: cutting his nails. I mostly kept Rian in mittens to avoid dealing with cutting his nails. Because of his reflux, we had many doctor appointments in the first month, not all with the same doctor. Every doctor we met, I would ask: any tips for cutting his nails? I'm sure all of them thought I was so dumb!

And look at you now, how you've grown my little one. You're almost one, and the kiddie nail cutter is now refusing to cut your nails :-)

When you were little, you'd nod off to sleep while having milk in mommy's arms. I'd cut the nails of your left hand if you were on the right side of me. Now you have to be completely asleep and on the bed. I have to use a flashlight and be as quiet as possible. I dare not cut any skin, dare not tickle your feet... And mom's weekly assignment becomes a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment