Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween 2009


Our Calvin with his Hobbes

For a few years now, we've always hosted a party at Halloween. Two year back, we had friends over with costumes, carved pumpkins, watched a couple of scary movies, etc. This is the second year in a row we have not had the party (second Halloween for Rian too - what a co-incidence ;-) ) I guess having a kid changes your life, your priorities, everything. I just hope and pray it does not change our friends ;-) Hope next year we can continue our Halloween tradition.

Rian says: We
had an absolutely fun Halloween this year, sans the party. A week before Halloween, we got portraits of me dressed as a tiger, with my Hobbes, done from Picture People. While waiting for the portraits, I enjoyed myself in the play area, a true tiger in the wild experience. The day before Halloween, we had a party in Mummy's office at VMware, with special decorations and treats for the kids. I loved being tiger, and we got some photos with Pooh, Witch, Queen of Spiders, and ran wild in the Enchanted Forest. On Halloween Day, Mummy and Daddy had a lazy start to the day, and then took me to a real farm where we had fun in a pumpkin patch, took a tractor ride, and climbed to the top of a hay stack. Daddy took some nice pictures on the farm too. The day ended with lots of play with Shayona and Namya at Mausami aunty's house where I refused to sleep till midnight. Looked like the Spirit of Halloween had infected me, and every time Daddy tried to put me in the crib, I wailed to the top of my voice even though Hobbes was right next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment