Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Health is wealth

This is so true. The more I think about it, the more I agree. Although sometimes having wealth can make you have health when you can see a personal trainer ;-) Rian is battling with his health right now. An ear infection took him down on Friday, he had high fever (103/104) on the weekend, and we started antibiotics on Saturday night. On Monday night Rian developed a rash on his body and doctor says it's an allergic reaction to the antibiotics. Let's hope the Benadryl can take care of it soon.

Anyways, thoughts back to Rian:
For the past 6 months or so, we've been lucky with Rian's health. Touch wood he has had only his usual share of colds. The first two weeks of this year were also spent being in "good health". Sometimes when things are going rough with Rian, we tend to forget that we spend more than 90% of the time in good health. So, for those times, this is a reminder post for me, that good times rule, and good times exist every year for a long time. I need to dwell on the good more than I dwell on the bad. We've been blessed with a wonderful boy, and I thank God for everything that has gone right with him.

Change is constant in our lives though. May it be jetlag, planning for a trip, packing, unpacking, settling into school, juggling weekend vs weekday schedule - his sleep affects us at every point. Every parent goes through this. As my gym instructor said, I just need to "suck it up and give me 8 more (and then 8 more!)"...

2 comments:

  1. Tanvi also got ear infection a month ago, its so sad to see them down. I often feel guilty for sending her to daycare. Last winter she was only 6months and survived NJ harsh winter with no health issues, but this year she is sick almost every other week.I want to try Sitopaladi for Tanvi ,where do you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seena I get Sitopaladi from India.

    ReplyDelete