Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 7, 2009

And the games begin

... at 9pm :-( Lately Rian has taken to play when I try to put him to sleep. Teething has altered Rian's routine quite a bit. Giving Rian his last milk feed of the day was a totally relaxing experience - up until 2 nights back.

Old scene: Dim the lights, start the lullaby. Rian gets the clue that he will get his juju now. He doesn't fight, lies down on my legs, and we have the milk, sometimes all 7oz in one go, sometimes two installments of 5oz and then 2oz. Then Rian snoozes on my chest for about 15 mins, I get a burp out of him, and then I put him down in his crib. All in all, 30 mins.

New scene: Dim the lights, start the lullaby. Rian get the clue that he will get his juju now. He doesn't fight, lies down on my legs, and we have the milk, BUT only 2oz or so. After that, he's up and about on the bed, rolling on the pillows, burrowing in the comforter, making noises, screaming, pulling my hair, playing with me. Last night he added to that: grab mommy's ear and pull her face right next to mine. Then, suck each part of her face... left cheek, suck suck suck suck... oh mommy pulled back! Pull her ear again, right cheek suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck... oh poor mommy pulled back after a long time (and yes she has a hickie on her right cheek now!), right eye, left eye, forehead, nose, lips, all suck suck suck. Now give me the juju again. Once again, its only 2oz, then play time :-) Man the kid has energy!

Maybe all that sucking was his 10 month bday special :-) Maybe it was letting Mommy know "I love you mommy!" :-)

Effective sleep time has been pushed back from 9pm to 10pm. So mommy was sitting with Rian in bed from 8:45 to 10pm ... Sigh. And then we're awake at 7am. Give me my goobie back, you tooth fairy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment