Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

The funny gene

On our way back from our recent trip to Yosemite, Rian cracked his first joke. My less-than-three-year old seems to have inherited the funny gene from Daddy. He totally "knows" he cracked a joke, he was so sure of it, and he had this patented knowing smile of his which says "I know I did it right". So here goes:

Rian: Mumma is this a pepperoni pizza?
Me: No Rian, this is a plain pizza.
Rian: (after 15 second pause) Mumma, in the plane, we eat plain pizza :-)

In our very set night routine, we introduced a play on the hugging routine. First, we used to squeeze Rian between us, and give him a "tight". Now we ask Rian if he wants to be the cheese between two breads, me and Amit. After a few nights:

Rian: Mumma, I want to be the bread
Me: And Mumma?
Rian: Mumma also be the bread. Daddy is the cheese.
(After hugging)
Rian: Now, the two breads go to the bedroom (of Rian)
... and he was all giggles for having marao'ed that dialog!!

Now this repeats every night, Daddy gets squeezed every night, and Rian wants to say his joke every night :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am so loving this little guy. I am waiting to see him sometime soon..Why don't you three plan a trip to here along with mom and dad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... theek hain, will do... Can u email me your address?

    ReplyDelete