Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Nails

Rian is usually okay with me cutting his finger nails, once I explain and show him that they are long and sharp, and can potentially hurt him. I usually take one of his tiny fingers and run it over his long nail, and that drives the point home. Getting him to cut his toe nails is a bit harder. Especially in winter, he has socks on all the time. For some reason Rian loves his socks, and will scream bloody murder if I remove them without reason. I have to convince him to remove his beloved socks, then show him that his toe nail (specially his big toe nail) is indeed long. 10 mins and the job is usually done, and we are happy and back to play.

Last night after his milk, Rian says to me:

Mumma it's sharp, your nail is sharp. Oh look, your nails are big. You need to cut. Cut your nails mumma.
(Pulls my feet out of the comforter)
Now look, your toe nails, they are big. Cut Mumma, cut your toe nails too. We need to do it now, Mumma

We were rolling on the bed, laughing :-) Yes dear, sometimes Mumma doesn't get time to cut her nails...

2 comments:

  1. Rian loves his socks? I have tough time to make Chucky wear her socks at home.

    He sounds so big here M, I am glad you wrote this. Its such a great feeling to know how fast they grow and talk..I feel it was yesterday I read Amit's mail abt Rian's birth announcement..Time surely flies..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seena I think Rian is a neatness freak. He does not like any "dirt" touching his feet. With hardwood flooring its tough for me to keep it like that :-)

    In summer/spring we go through a few days when he cries and cries if I remove his socks. In 3-4 days though he gets used to it. I just have to be consistent.

    So true, time really flies when kids are growing up.

    ReplyDelete