Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 30, 2011

A sleep story

Yesterday was an unusual day for us. The nanny was sick, and Amit too had signs of cold, in addition to his irritated eyes. Amit decided to WFH/take leave half day and picked up Rian as usual from school at 11:45am. Rian was so excited to know Daddy will take care of him, he refused to sleep in the afternoon. Daddy got quite a few errands done, including a trip to the doctor for his sore eyes. By evening, everyone was tired.

We discovered there was no daal at home. Eating the new cook's chapatis without daal is not possible, so I ventured into territory I've been unaccustomed to for almost 3 years: the kitchen, to make daal. Rian had "Shayona sandwich" with Daddy while mom cooked daal. I think Rian was rather full after that, and also very tired.

We had a surprise when Rian decided to play all by himself in his room while Daddy had dinner quietly, and mom talked to him. We could hear Rian for a long time, and he was playing with his cars. We were kind of thinking: wow Rian has grown up so much!! Daddy was almost done with dinner, and it was time for Rian's milk too. We could no longer hear Rian though.

We went upstairs to see Rian fast asleep, in his bed, on his pillow, with all his cars in the bed :-) It was such a cute sight!!!

We managed to give Rian half his milk, just under 4oz, in sleep. It was a miracle I could get him to pee in his half asleep state. A quick change of clothes and he was nestled in his bed again.

I've only heard stories from Amit's mom: Amit often fell asleep, without dinner, and Amit's mom had to give him milk in his sleep :-)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like Rian has grown up too big all of a sudden. You know, I was a very poor eater, my mom used to wake me after I sleep, to make me drink my milk,which otherwise I refuse. This was done even at the age of 16 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww...such sweet conversations! My daughter is also talking up a storm these days..Don't the little kids make everyday cheerful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LF and SD, thank you for your kind words :-) It's wonderful what an emotional roller coaster these little ones send us through!

    ReplyDelete