Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 25, 2008

Another group of friends in the know now

It was Friday night and we got together for dinner at Vidyut and Sarika's... coined the (U)naware's. Sarika had cooked everything at home for all of us. It was the first get together at their house after their wedding. This is our Qualcomm gang as we fondly refer to the group. Gokhan and Birsen were also attending after a long time. Birsen was in her 5th month.

I think it was casual conversation about their expected date, and all of a sudden, Amit announces "Oh ya, and I think Mamata has a news to announce". I was totally caught off guard :-) and as usual unprepared. Hope either Amit learns I can't handle these "on the spot" thinking situations, or I learn actually how to come up with good stuff to say, as Amit always does!

Anyways, I punted it right back and Amit, and he announced we are expecting. I think Rashmi was the most shocked, and asked me several times "You skied?!" :-) It seems Smita (Dabbu, Rashmi's sister) had some "idea" after reading my orkut scrapbook reply to a friend of mine. Vidyut and Sarika finally know now what Amit was bursting to reveal within the first 2 hrs of our trip to Tahoe over Christmas. Sudha knows now that I lied on the New Year's Party about that "medication". Of course Nitin had an idea, thanked him for not bugging us about it too much before we were ready to share the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment