Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 4, 2008

Our first scare

Yes, it happens, and yes, its very common, but we were not prepared for it. Last night I saw some spotting after I used some medication. I panicked and we called the on-call ob/gyn doc. She was very sweet, and told me in clear words - since we saw the baby's heart beating on 20th December, the chances of a miscarriage are very low. She also told me that if I have severe cramps like periods, or heavy flow, it will indicate a miscarriage. Even if that happens, there is nothing we can do about it.

Amit comforted me and made sure my mind was put to rest. I had a peaceful night of sleep. No more spotting seen today. To be doubly sure, I went by the ob/gyn dept at PAMF and met my physician's nurse, who gave me a clean chit. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment